Sunday, June 14, 2009

Then and Now - Greece 1988 to 2009

My family and I the summer of 1988 at the Acropolis, overlooking the Odeon of Herodes Atticus below.
Me at the same Odeon two weeks ago, thinking to myself that this was the first time I have seen this place.

This was taken two weeks ago, looking at the East facade of the Erechtheion temple on the Acropolis.

This is my sister Sarah (light blue shirt) posing at the same spot but slightly different angle. I am the one in the yellow outfit and that is my mom beside me.

Me at the Erechtheion

My family and I posing at the same spot.

As I mentioned before, my family and I lived in Cyprus. I lived there from when I was 4 to 11 years old. My dad worked on a cruise liner that travelled to Greece, Egypt, and Israel. For our family vacations, we spent many times in these wonderful places. It is so interesting to look back at the family pictures and now recognizing the architecture and sites in the background. I have posted a few...... The rest will have to wait when I return to Toronto, as we have boxes full of pictures from many summer vacations in Greece.












1 comment: